Saturday, December 09, 2006

Synchronizing a Blog on Syncretism

Attention all Blogmeisters!

On December 14 (which is a Thursday in my universe, in my locale we call this 12/14 because Americans do not place the numbers in sensible order, for you this might be 14/12 because you might drive on the wrong side of the road which is quite fun to do, especially in Antigua where the roads are narrow and lined with deep drainage ditches, goats, and mothers with babies - now back to December 14) some of us will be putting up a blog on the subject of syncretism in the Australian/Canadian/British or American Church.

We are looking to identify in as many ways as possible the syncretism of today's church with today's culture.

If you are up for the idea let me know. I will be coordinating the effort, and making sure everyone who wants to be in will get linked by all the other bloggers. There will be some e-mails going out as well sending people in our direction.

On this blog you will be finding a discussion on "Syncretism in the Evangelical Church: The Consumerism of the Altar Call and the Sinner's Prayer."

You can also find this request at Sally's Journey.

Please send me this info: your name. your blog site, the specific subject you will cover on that day of December 14th - you know either 12/14, or 14/12.

pastorphil@salemgathering.com

or leave your info in a comment on this blog.

3 comments:

Steve Hayes said...

For what it's worth, I've made some comments on it in my blog: Notes from underground: Synchronising a blog on syncretism

Anonymous said...

Hi
I have written a comment on syncretism in today's blog titled 'Pastors Christian or Cultural?'. I realise now that I did not really follow the question you suggested , so no problems if you do not want to include my blog.

Cheers Philip

Pastor Phil said...

Philip,

What is the address for this post? I will add it to the list.