Yes it is true. I am a Pentecostal boy - sorta, kinda.
The idea for the movie Jesus Camp creeps me out, but I have a feeling that I will like the movie when I see it. I think that I will be certain that all Pentecostals should see it. It might give us an idea of how we look to the world around us.
The concepts of Spiritual Warfare are presented in the movie, and we are allowed to see ourselves through the eyes of others. The strangeness of it all captures my heart, because it is here where we establish many of our Christian superstitions. I do wonder what is so spiritual about war.
I have recently been questioned, and presented with the traditional Pentecostal ideas of spiritual warfare from a few different avenues, and thought I should write about it. Besides my new buddyJohn Smulo is writing about it too.
So here are my first thoughts about spiritual warfare in Salem, MA where I live.
1. Yes there are demons causing trouble for the saints. The spiritual realm is not benign. It is malignant often.
2. Demons may hang out in Witchcraft shops, but I'll bet there are more in many churches.
3. I will not assume every little difficulty which comes my way is demonic.
4. If a curse comes my way Jesus told me to bless in return.
5. Don't curse things, cursing is not my job.
6. Love people, seek to serve them.
7. Draw near to God.
8. Stay Simple.
Sure there's more, but that's all I can think of this late.
oh yeah - I've got a really cool big sword. The church gave it to me. They are even cooler than the sword. Cymru am byth! and all that.